Our mission was to provide expert civil and structural engineering, and construction management services for the turning basin component of this multi-faceted improvement project. The complex and extensive nature of the project involved diligent coordination between all design and engineering disciplines to maintain quality and deliver the project schedule. The area includes a water taxi stop and a turning basin at the end of the canal for boats to navigate.
The LJA Roadmap
Our roadmap for this project revolved around engineering design services in coordination with design and landscape architects and electrical engineers. We also managed construction inspection services throughout the project, including installing enhanced pedestrian features and aesthetic details along the popular waterway.
Pivotal design components include:
• Completion of the transitway to connect with Lake Woodlands Drive.
• An additional transit station.
• A new walk and bike path along the waterway.
• A pedestrian bridge crossing near the outlet of the waterway to Lake Woodlands.
• The addition of three water features at the upper and lower basins of the waterway.
What We Offered
- Civil Design
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Management
A Closer Look at the
Put your phone on horizonal position for a better experience.