Start a career.
Build a life.
Since 1972, LJA has strived to create the best place to work for our employees. We are an employee owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation, and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. We have openings for experienced professionals or recent graduates in a wide variety of career paths in engineering, planning, surveying, and other disciplines. With 43 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future.
LJA’s greatest asset is our people. We offer exceptional benefits that promote the health and financial security of employees and their families. In addition to an employee ownership program, our benefits include:
- Three medical insurance plan choices, including a plan with an employer-funded HSA account
- Two dental insurance plan choices
- Vision insurance
- Employer paid disability and life insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (both Roth and pre-tax saving options)
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Flexible work schedules
- Nine holidays (including an office closure between Christmas and New Year’s day)
- Paid time off
- Company events, including annual company picnic and holiday party
- Professional license and continuing education reimbursement
- Referral bonus program
From the beginning, LJA Engineering has believed in employee ownership. LJA is 100% employee owned, and all employees of LJA benefit from the Company’s growth and success through contributions to the employee stock ownership plan (ESOP).
An ESOP is an employee-owner program that provides a workforce with an ownership interest in the Company. In the LJA ESOP, employees are provided with stock ownership. Shares are allocated to the employee, and the ESOP plan holds the Company stock until after the employee retires or leaves the company. There is no cost to the employee for this stock.
Training and Growth
LJA is committed to the growth and development of our employees. We want our team members to have a long career with us, and we are committed to investing in their future. The support we provide in this area includes:
- Reimbursement for professional license and renewal fees
- Covering the cost of professional license review courses
- Frequent continuing education opportunities
- Advanced education reimbursement
- Mentor program
- Leadership training
LJA Engineering is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
LJA Engineering is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713.953.5200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.